Strategic Vendors and Specialty Resources
• There are more than 100,000 investment bankers in the US? Do you trust that you have the best investment banker for your transaction?
• Is your investment bank correctly incentivized to ensure the best outcome for you, your family, your employees, and your shareholders?
• How much diligence have you done on the buyer to be sure that they have the cash and wherewithal to consummate your transaction?
• Do you have an experienced M&A lawyer, who understands your unique situation?
• Have your lawyers made your earn-out as painless as possible for you and your key partners, since working for a company, and having a “day job,” is often very difficult for freedom-loving former business owners.
• Do you have a transaction-focused accountant who understands, and is up to date on, tax strategies for transactions like yours?
• Do you have the best virtual data room software; and have you and your team stocked it correctly so that buyers gain more confidence in your company? (see data room documents below).
Exit Concierge Enhanced Planning
• Have you considered remedies in the event the deal takes longer than expected?
• How will you keep yourself and your team focused on growing the company and keeping the company objectives/rhythms alive, while the deal is consuming vast resources, like time, attention, and money?
• Do you have audited financials to give more confidence to the Investment bank and the buyer community and potentially increase the sale price of your business?
• Have you gotten a Quality of Earnings report completed with a top-10 national accounting firm?
• Do you have a trusted, experienced deal advocate between you, your bankers, your lawyers, your accountants, and the buyers, so you have a dedicated accountability partner, a shoulder to cry on – and a person to speak to who has “been there and done that” – at critical times during the transaction cycle?
• Have you done a thorough auction to ensure that you have the best bankers, the best buyers, and the best terms?
• Have you structured the deal so that you get an optimized amount of cash or stock up-front, along with a back-end payout that you are confident you’ll receive?
• How are you handling confidentiality with your team? With your clients? With your industry? With your family?
• When the deal gets hairy, and it WILL get hairy, who are you going to call for advice at midnight on a Saturday night?
• How are you planning to manage your money after the sale?
• Do you have the proper estate plan in place?
• Do you have a clear and executable employee/business transition and integration plan for post-exit?
The Exit Concierge ensures that all these questions are answered and managed appropriately.
We are accountable to our clients for two objectives:
- We help you to develop a comprehensive Exit Plan customized to meet your individual needs.
- We successfully execute the plan.